This five-day, hands-on training course is designed to teach you the breadth of Microsoft virtual desktop technology, and the course will compare and contrast the various technologies with use cases and best practices. This course builds your skills in Microsoft Application Virtualization (App-V) Service Pack 2 (SP2), Microsoft User Experience Virtualization (UE-V), and Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) as part of Windows Server 2012 R2. Throughout this course, you will learn how to manage, monitor, support, and troubleshoot various Windows-based desktop virtualization solutions.
This course is intended for the IT administrators, and implementers, of large and midsized organizations who want to understand and get hands on experience with the latest Microsoft desktop and application virtualization technologies and how to plan, implement, and manage virtual infrastructure solutions based on these technologies.
- Describe desktop and application virtualization.
- Plan and implement user state virtualization.
- Plan and implement App-V.
- Plan and deploy App-V clients.
- Manage and administer application virtualization.
- Understand application sequencing.
- Configure client Hyper-V.
- Plan and deploy session-based desktops.
- Publish and configure RemoteApp programs.
- Plan pooled personal desktops.
- Plan and implement pooled and personal desktops.
- Implement Remote Access.
- Understand health monitoring of VDI infrastructure.
- Networking fundamentals, including Transmission Control Protocol /Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), User Datagram Protocol (UDP), and Domain Name System (DNS).
- Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) principles and fundamentals of AD DS management.
- Installation, configuration, and troubleshooting for Windows-based personal computers.
- Basic understanding of scripting and Windows PowerShell syntax.
- Desired: Basic understanding of Windows Server roles and services.
- Module 1: Overview of Desktop and Application Virtualization
- Module 2: Planning and Implementing User State Virtualization
- Module 3: Planning and Implementing App-V
- Module 4: Managing and Administering Application Virtualization
- Module 5: Planning and Deploying App-V Clients
- Module 6: Application Sequencing
- Module 7: Configuring Client Hyper-V
- Module 8: Planning and Deploying Session-Based Virtual Desktops
- Module 9: Configuring and Managing RemoteApp Programs
- Module 10: Planning Personal and Pooled Virtual Desktops
- Module 11: Planning and Implementing Infrastructures for Personal and Pooled Virtual Desktops
- Module 12: Implementing Remote Access for Remote Desktop Services
- Module 13: Performance and Health Monitoring of VDI