In this course, students will learn how to design and develop services that access local and remote data from various data sources. Students will also learn how to develop and deploy services to hybrid environments, including on-premises servers and Windows Azure. This course helps people prepare for exam 70-487.
This course is intended for both novice and experienced .NET developers who have a minimum of six months programming experience, and want to learn how to develop services and deploy them to hybrid environments.
- Query and manipulate data with Entity Framework
- Use ASP.NET Web API to create HTTP-based services and consume them from .NET and non-.NET clients
- Extend ASP.NET Web API services using message handlers, model binders, action filters, and media type formatters
- Create SOAP-based services with the Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) and consume them from .NET clients
- Apply design principles to service contracts and extend WCF services using custom runtime components and behaviors
- Secure WCF services using transport and message security
- Use Windows Azure Service Bus for relayed messaging and brokered messaging using queues and topics
- Host services on on-premises servers, and on various Windows Azure environments, such as Web Roles, Worker Roles, and Web Sites
- Deploy services to both on-premises servers and Windows Azure
- Store and access data in Windows Azure Storage, and configure storage access rights
- Monitor and log services, both on-premises and in Windows Azure
- Implement federated authentication by using ACS with ASP.NET Web API services
- Create scalable, load-balanced services
- Experience with C# programming, and concepts such as Lambda expressions, LINQ, and anonymous types.
- Understanding the concepts of n-tier applications.
- Experience with querying and manipulating data with ADO.NET.
- Knowledge of XML data structures.
- Module 1: Overview of service and cloud technologies
- Module 2: Querying and Manipulating Data Using Entity Framework
- Module 3: Creating and Consuming ASP.NET Web API Services
- Module 4: Extending and Securing ASP.NET Web API Services
- Module 5: Creating WCF Services
- Module 6: Hosting Services
- Module 7: Windows Azure Service Bus
- Module 8: Deploying Services
- Module 9: Windows Azure Storage
- Module 10: Monitoring and Diagnostics
- Module 11: Identity Management and Access Control
- Module 12: Scaling Services
- Module 13: Appendix A: Designing and Extending WCF Services
- Module 14: Appendix B: Implementing Security in WCF Services