In this course, students learn core skills that are common to almost all SharePoint development activities. These include working with the server-side and client-side object models, developing and deploying features, solutions, and apps, managing identity and permissions, querying and updating list data, managing taxonomy, using workflow to manage business processes, and customizing the user interface.
- Selecting an appropriate approach and building customizations in SharePoint.
- Creating and implementing a strategy for solution packaging, deployment, and upgrading.
- Identifying SharePoint data and content structures for customizations.
- Performing diagnostics and debugging.
- Planning and designing applications for scalability and performance.
- Identifying and mitigating performance issues of customizations.
- Understanding authentication and authorization.
- Experience with Windows PowerShell.
- Broad familiarity with SharePoint capabilities.
- Familiarity with Online Services such as Azure and SharePoint Online.
- Design and manage features and solutions.
- Develop code for custom server-side components.
- Manage and customize authentication and authorization.
- Create custom sites and lists and manage the site lifecycle.
- Explain the capabilities and design choices for SharePoint apps.
- Use the client-side object model and the REST API.
- Develop provider-hosted and auto-hosted SharePoint apps.
- Distribute and deploy SharePoint apps.
- Create custom workflows to automate business processes.
- Use fields and content types to manage taxonomy.
- Customize the appearance and behavior of user interface elements.
- Customize navigation and site branding.
- A working knowledge of using Visual Studio 2010 or Visual Studio 2012 to develop solutions.
- A basic working knowledge of SharePoint solution development, either in SharePoint 2013 or in earlier versions of SharePoint.
- A working knowledge of Visual C# and the .NET Framework 4.5.
- A basic understanding of ASP.NET and server-side web development technologies, including request/response and the page lifecycle.
- A basic understanding of AJAX and asynchronous programming techniques.
- Familiarity with approaches to authentication and authorization, including claims-based authentication.
- Module 1: SharePoint as a Developer Platform
- Module 2: Working with SharePoint Objects
- Module 3: Working with Lists and Libraries
- Module 4: Designing and Managing Features and Solutions
- Module 5: Working with Server-Side Code
- Module 6: Managing Identity and Permissions
- Module 7: Introducing Apps for SharePoint
- Module 8: Client-Side SharePoint Development
- Module 9: Developing Remote Hosted SharePoint Apps
- Module 10: Publishing and Distributing Apps
- Module 11: Automating Business Processes
- Module 12: Managing Taxonomy
- Module 13: Managing Custom Components and Site Life Cycles
- Module 14: Customizing User Interface Elements
- Module 15: Working with Branding and Navigation