This course is intended for IT professionals who are responsible for planning, designing, and deploying a physical and a logical Windows Server 2012 enterprise Active Directory® Domain Services (AD DS) infrastructure including the network services necessary. They have experience of previous Windows Server operating systems and possess Windows Server 2012 certification Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) or equivalent skills. The course is also intended for IT professionals who are looking to take the exam 70-413: Designing and Implementing a Server Infrastructure, as a stand-alone, or as part of the requirement for the Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE): Server Infrastructure Certification.
- Plan server upgrade and migration.
- Plan and implement a server deployment strategy.
- Plan and deploy servers by using System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager (VMM).
- Design and maintain an IP configuration and address management solution.
- Design and implement name resolution.
- Design and implement an AD DS forest and domain infrastructure.
- Design and implement an AD DS organizational unit (OU) infrastructure.
- Design and implement a Group Policy Object (GPO) strategy.
- Design and implement an AD DS physical topology.
- Plan and implement storage and file services.
- Design and implement network protection.
- Design and implement remote access services.
- A good understanding of Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) fundamentals and networking concepts.
- A good working knowledge of both Windows Server 2012 R2 and Active Directory® Domain Services (AD DS). For example, domain user accounts, domain vs. local user accounts, user profiles, and group membership.
- A good understanding of both scripts and batch files.
- A solid understanding of security concepts, such as authentication and authorization.
- Familiarity with deployment, packaging, and imaging tools.
- Ability to work in a team/virtual team.
- Ability to produce good documentation and have the appropriate communication skills to create proposals and make budget recommendations.
- Knowledge equivalent to Windows 2012 R2 MCSA.
- 20410D: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012
- 20411D: Administering Windows Server 2012
- 20412D: Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services
- 20417D: Upgrading Your Skills to MCSA Windows Server 2012
- Module 1: Planning Server Upgrade and Migration
- Module 2: Planning and Implementing a Server Deployment Strategy
- Module 3: Planning and Deploying Servers Using Virtual Machine Manager
- Module 4: Designing and Maintaining an IP Configuration and Address Management Solution
- Module 5: Designing and Implementing Name Resolution
- Module 6: Designing and Implementing an Active Directory Domain Services Forest and Domain Infrastructure
- Module 7: Designing and Implementing an AD DS Organizational Unit Infrastructure
- Module 8: Designing and Implementing a Group Policy Object Strategy
- Module 9: Designing and Implementing an AD DS Physical Topology
- Module 10: Planning and Implementing Storage and File Services
- Module 11: Designing and Implementing Network Protection
- Module 12: Designing and Implementing Remote Access Services