The main purpose of the course is to give students the ability to add analysis capabilities to Excel spreadsheets and to provide students with a foundation to learn about more advanced data analytics with Excel or Power BI.
This course is intended for anyone who wants to take the data analysis technologies in Excel beyond formulas and add more advanced capabilities such as dashboards, hierarchies, and relationships.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Create an Excel report
- Create an Excel table
- Create a pivot table and pivot chart
- Create a dashboard and analyze data
- Create Hierarchies
- Create an Excel data model and connect to external data
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality.
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel spreadsheets including formulas.
- Reporting in Excel
- Excel Tables
- Pivot Tables and Pivot Charts
- The Excel Data Model