This course describes how to monitor and operate a cloud with Microsoft® System Center 2012 R2. This course focuses on how to manage and administer a cloud environment, and it describes how you can monitor key infrastructure elements and applications that run within a cloud. It does not discuss planning and implementation, which is covered in 20247: Configuring and Deploying a Cloud with System Center 2012 R2.
This course is intended for cloud administrators who are responsible for monitoring and protecting the cloud infrastructure. It is also intended for solution architects who are responsible for designing cloud architectures and extending existing cloud solutions. The primary audience for this course is administrators who create service requests.
- Describe the Cloud Model.
- Configure and optimize a Private Cloud.
- Deploy Cloud Services.
- Monitor Cloud Services.
- Configure Application Performance Monitoring in a Cloud Environment.
- Operate and extend Service Management in in a Cloud Environment.
- Automate Incident Creation, Remediation, and Change Requests in a Cloud Environment.
- Perform Problem Management in a Cloud Environment.
- Operate a Self-Service, Multi-Tenant Cloud with Windows Azure Pack.
- Configure High Availability, Protection and Recovery in a Cloud Environment.
- Optimize the Cloud Infrastructure.
- Configure SLAs, Dashboards, and Widgets in a Cloud Environment.
- Windows Server 2012 experience.
- Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) knowledge.
- Networking experience.
- Working knowledge of previous versions of System Center products.
- Knowledge of configuration of Microsoft SharePoint.
- Hyper-V knowledge.
- Microsoft Azure.
- Knowledge of cloud and data center management processes.
- Storage Area Network (SAN) Knowledge.
- Module 1: Introduction to the Cloud Model
- Module 2: Configuring a Private Cloud Environment
- Module 3: Deploying Cloud Services
- Module 4: Monitoring Cloud Based Applications
- Module 5: Configuring Application Performance Monitoring
- Module 6: Operating and Extending Service Management in the Private Cloud
- Module 7: Automating Incident Creation, Remediation, and Change Requests
- Module 8: Problem Management in the Private Cloud
- Module 9: Operating a Self Service, Multi-Tenant Cloud with Windows Azure Pack
- Module 10: High Availability, Protection, and Recovery for the Cloud
- Module 11: Optimizing Your Cloud Infrastructure
- Module 12: Configuring SLAs, Dashboards, and Widgets