PRINCE2® is a process-based approach for project management providing an easily tailored and scalable method for the management of all types of projects. PRINCE2® is recognised as a world-class international product and is the defacto standard method for project management throughout the world. The PRINCE2® method is in the public domain, offering nonproprietary, best practice guidance on project management.
The PRINCE2® Foundation course will provide delegates with a detailed knowledge of the PRINCE2® methodology including the seven processes, seven themes and seven principles central to running a project using the PRINCE2® method. The successful completion of the Foundation exam will give the delegate a recognised Foundation qualification. The Foundation level measures whether a delegate would be able to act as an informed member of a project management team using the PRINCE2® method within a project environment supporting PRINCE2®.
Course Student Material:
Two weeks prior, students will receive Pre-Read material to prepare themselves for the course. At the beginning of the course, students will receive a PRINCE2® Foundation classroom workbook containing all of the presentation materials, course notes, case study and sample exams.
PRINCE2® Foundation Pre-Read
Organizations or Individuals seeing the need for a controlled approach to managing projects (including Project managers, consultants and support staff)
Following the completion of the course participants will be able to:
- Learn, understand and use the most important concepts of the PRINCE2® method.
- Monitor a project within the boundaries of the Project Plan.
- Participate effectively in a project in accordance with the PRINCE2® method.
- Describe the purpose and major content of all roles, the seven themes, the seven processes and the sub-processes, and the seven principles.
- State which management products are input to, or output from, the seven processes.
- State the main purpose, and key contents, of the major management products.
- State the relationships between processes, deliverables, roles and the management dimensions of a project.
- Pass the Foundation Exam.
- Lay a firm Foundation knowledge to allow delegates to move onto Practitioner Level.
- Understand the level of responsibility, authority and accountability held by those involved in the project.
- Articulate the steps needed to guide the project through controlled, well- managed and visible sets of activities to achieve the desired results.
There are no prerequisites for this course
The course comprises a mixture of input sessions, group exercises and examination based practical work. All delegates are encouraged to actively participate during the practical sessions to gain the full benefit during the training. During the course, delegates will undertake a number of mock examinations and gain feedback on the progress towards eventual success. To prepare effectively for the PRINCE2® Foundation exam, delegates should be prepared to undertake revision and exam preparation work in the evening.