CFR takes a holistic approach to preparing employees to analyze threats, secure networks, handle incidents, and utilize other critical security skills to protect your organization with a single course. Designed for information assurance professionals whose job functions include development, operations, management, and enforcement of secure systems and networks.
This course covers the duties of those who are responsible for monitoring and detecting security incidents in information systems and networks, and for executing a proper response to such incidents. Depending on the size of the organization, this individual may act alone or may be a member of a computer security incident response team (CSIRT). The course introduces strategies, frameworks, methodologies, and tools to manage cybersecurity risks, identify various types of common threats, design and operate secure computing and networking environments, assess and audit the organization’s security, collect and analyze cybersecurity intelligence, and handle incidents as they occur. The course also covers closely related information assurance topics such as auditing and forensics to provide a sound basis for a comprehensive approach to security aimed toward those on the front lines of defense.
- Oferta de Exame de Certificação no valor de €390.
- Oferta válida até 6 meses após a conclusão da ação de formação.
This course is designed for cybersecurity practitioners who perform job functions related to protecting and defending information systems by ensuring their availability, integrity, authentication, confidentiality, and non-repudiation. This course focuses on the knowledge, ability, and skills necessary to provide for the restoration of those information systems in a cybersecurity context including protection, detection, investigation, reaction, response, and auditing capabilities.
This course is also designed to assist students in preparing for the CyberSec First Responder: Threat Detection and Response (Exam CFR-101) certification examination. What you learn and practice in this course can be a significant part of your preparation.
In this course, you will develop, operate, manage, and enforce security capabilities for systems and networks. You will:
- Assess information security risk in computing and network environments.
- Create an information assurance lifecycle process.
- Analyze threats to computing and network environments.
- Design secure computing and network environments.
- Operate secure computing and network environments.
- Assess the security posture within a risk management framework.
- Collect cybersecurity intelligence information.
- Analyze collected intelligence to define actionable response.
- Respond to cybersecurity incidents.
- Investigate cybersecurity incidents.
- Audit secure computing and network environments.
To ensure your success in this course you should have the following requirements:
- At least two years (recommended) of experience in computer network security technology or a related field.
- Recognize information security vulnerabilities and threats in the context of risk management.
- Operate at a foundational level some of the common operating systems for computing environments.
- Foundational knowledge of the concepts and operational framework of common assurance safeguards in computing environments. Safeguards include, but are not limited to, basic authentication and authorization, resource permissions, and anti-malware mechanisms.
- Operate at a foundational level some of the common concepts for network environments, such as routing and switching.
- Foundational knowledge of the concepts and operational framework of common assurance safeguards in network environments. Safeguards include, but are not limited to, firewalls, intrusion prevention systems, and virtual private networks (VPNs).
You can obtain this level of skills and knowledge by taking the following courses or by passing the relevant exams:
- CompTIA® A+®: A Comprehensive Approach (Exams 200-801 and 220-802)
- CompTIA® Network+® (Exam N10-005)
- CompTIA® Security+® (Exam SY0-401)
- ASSESSING INFORMATION SECURITY RISK
- CREATING AN INFORMATION ASSURANCE LIFECYCLE PROCESS
- ANALYZING THREATS TO COMPUTING AND NETWORK ENVIRONMENTS
- DESIGNING SECURE COMPUTING AND NETWORK ENVIRONMENTS
- OPERATING SECURE COMPUTING AND NETWORK ENVIRONMENTS
- ASSESSING THE SECURITY POSTURE WITHIN A RISK MANAGEMENT FRAMEWORK
- COLLECTING CYBERSECURITY INTELLIGENCE INFORMATION
- ANALYZING CYBERSECURITY INTELLIGENCE INFORMATION
- RESPONDING TO CYBERSECURITY INCIDENTS
- INVESTIGATING CYBERSECURITY INCIDENTS
- COMPUTING AND NETWORK ENVIRONMENTS
- Assessing Information Security Risk
- Identify the Importance of Risk Management
- Assess Risk
- Mitigate Risk
- Integrate Documentation into Risk Management
- Creating an Information Assurance Lifecycle Process
- Evaluate Information Assurance Lifecycle Models
- Align Information Security Operations to the Information Assurance Lifecycle
- Align Information Assurance and Compliance Regulations
- Analyzing Threats to Computing and Network Environments
- Identify Threat Analysis Models
- Assess the Impact of Reconnaissance Incidents
- Assess the Impact of Systems Hacking Attacks
- Assess the Impact of Malware
- Assess the Impact of Hijacking and Impersonation Attacks
- Assess the Impact of DoS Incidents
- Assess the Impact of Threats to Mobile Security
- Assess the Impact of Threats to Cloud Security
- Designing Secure Computing and Network Environments
- Information Security Architecture Design Principles
- Design Access Control Mechanisms
- Design Cryptographic Security Controls
- Design Application Security
- Design Computing Systems Security
- Design Network Security
- Operating Secure Computing and Network Environments
- Implement Change Management in Security Operations
- Implement Monitoring in Security Operations
- Assessing the Security Posture Within a Risk Management Framework
- Deploy a Vulnerability Management Platform
- Conduct Vulnerability Assessments
- Conduct Penetration Tests on Network Assets
- Follow Up on Penetration Testing
- Collecting Cybersecurity Intelligence Information
- Deploy a Security Intelligence Collection and Analysis Platform
- Collect Data from Security Intelligence Sources
- Analyzing Cybersecurity Intelligence Information
- Analyze Security Intelligence to Address Incidents
- Use SIEM Tools for Analysis
- Responding to Cybersecurity Incidents
- Deploy an Incident Handling and Response Architecture
- Perform Real-Time Incident Handling Tasks
- Prepare for Forensic Investigation
- Investigating Cybersecurity Incidents
- Create a Forensic Investigation Plan
- Securely Collect Electronic Evidence
- Identify the Who, Why, and How of an Incident
- Follow Up on the Results of an Investigation
- Auditing Secure Computing and Network Environments
- Deploy a Systems and Processes Auditing Architecture
- Prepare for Audits
- Perform Audits Geared Toward the Information Assurance Lifecycle