This course equips students with the skills they require to configure and deploy a cloud using Microsoft System Center 2012 R2. Using hands-on labs, students learn the following:
- Produce a high-level design that accounts for requirements for cloud environments.
- Configure and deploy the cloud fabric.
- Configure a PXE server, an update server, and a software update baseline.
- Configure Microsoft Server Application Virtualization (App-V) so that it can be used to sequence and deploy an application virtually.
- Build the core components necessary for delivering services on the fabric.
- Allocate resources to a cloud and grant access to a cloud.
- Understand how to monitor clouds using Operations Manager.
- Understand the tools necessary to extend and customize Operations Manager for cloud environments.
- Set up, configure, and integrate the core components of Service Manager into a cloud fabric.
- Configure a service catalog, and then publish it to the Self-Service Portal.
- Gain the knowledge necessary to deploy and configure Data Protection Manager in a cloud.
- Deploy and configure Orchestrator in a cloud, and then integrate it with other System Center components.
This course is intended for cloud administrators who will be responsible for designing, installing and configuring a cloud infrastructure.
- Plan for a Hybrid Cloud
- Configure and deploy a Private Cloud with Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager
- Extend and maintain the Cloud infrastructure
- Configure application delivery for a cloud
- Create Private Cloud building blocks
- Deploy and access private clouds
- Monitor the Cloud infrastructure
- Extend and customize monitoring of the Cloud infrastructure
- Implement Service Management for the Cloud
- Configure High Availability, Disaster Recovery and Protection for a Cloud
- Automate and standardize the Cloud
- Configure a multi-tenant Cloud
This course describes cloud configuration and deployment with System Center 2012 R2. Because this is an extensive technical domain that includes several individual products and technologies, it is strongly recommended administrators have prerequisite knowledge in the following areas:
- Windows Server 2012 R2 operating system
- Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS)
- Working knowledge of previous versions of System Center products
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Hyper-V
- Microsoft Windows Azure
- Microsoft Windows Azure Pack
- Networking and storage experience
- Familiarity with cloud management processes
- Previous work with IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
- Previous work with Microsoft Operations Framework (MOF).
- Module 1: Planning for the Cloud
- Module 2: Configuring and Deploying the Private Cloud with Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager
- Module 3: Extending and Maintaining Cloud Infrastructure
- Module 4: Configuring Application Delivery
- Module 5: Creating the Private Cloud Building Blocks
- Module 6: Deploying and Configuring Access to a Private Cloud
- Module 7: Monitoring Cloud Infrastructure
- Module 8: Extending and Customizing Monitoring of the Cloud Infrastructure
- Module 9: Implementing Service Management for the Cloud
- Module 10: Configuring High Availability, Disaster Recovery and Protection for a Cloud
- Module 11: Automating and Standardizing a Cloud
- Module 12: Configuring a Self-Service Multi-Tenant Cloud with the Windows Azure Pack