This five-day course examines how to plan, configure, and manage a Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 environment. Special areas of focus include implementing high availability, disaster recovery, service application architecture, Business Connectivity Services, social computing features, productivity and collaboration platforms and features, business intelligence solutions, enterprise content management, web content management infrastructure, solutions, and apps. The course also examines how to optimize the Search experience, how to develop and implement a governance plan. and how to perform an upgrade or migration to SharePoint Server 2013.
- Existing SharePoint 2010 customers and partners who need to understand the major changes in SharePoint 2013. In addition there have been other improvements in tools and methodologies.
- Customer who are new to SharePoint. SharePoint market size is growing significantly and is expected to continue to grow, so there are many new customers with no previous experience.
- Customers running a previous version of SharePoint (SharePoint 2003 and SharePoint 2007) which did not upgrade to SharePoint 2010, so are not familiar with the architecture of SharePoint 2010 or SharePoint Server 2013.
- Describe the core features of SharePoint 2013
- Plan and design a SharePoint 2013 environment to meet requirements for high availability and disaster recovery
- Plan and implement a service application architecture for a SharePoint 2013 deployment
- Configure and manage Business Connectivity Services features in a SharePoint 2013 deployment
- Plan and configure social computing features
- Plan and configure productivity and collaboration platforms and features
- Plan and configure Business Intelligence solutions
- Optimize the search experience for an enterprise environment
- Plan and configure enterprise content management in a SharePoint 2013 deployment
- Plan and configure a web content management infrastructure to meet business requirements
- Manage solutions in a SharePoint 2013 deployment
- Configure and manage apps in a SharePoint Server 2013 environment
- Develop and implement a governance plan for SharePoint Server 2013
- Perform an upgrade or migration to SharePoint Server 2013
- Module 1: Understanding the SharePoint Server 2013 Architecture
- Module 2: Designing Business Continuity Management Strategies
- Module 3: Planning and Implementing a Service Application Architecture
- Module 4: Configuring and Managing Business Connectivity Services
- Module 5: Connecting People
- Module 6: Enabling Productivity and Collaboration
- Module 7: Planning and Configuring Business intelligence
- Module 8: Planning and Configuring Enterprise Search
- Module 9: Planning and Configuring Enterprise Content Management
- Module 10: Planning and Configuring Web Content Management
- Module 11: Managing Solutions in SharePoint Server 2013
- Module 12: Managing Apps for SharePoint Server 2013
- Module 13: Developing a Governance Plan
- Module 14: Upgrading and Migrating to SharePoint Server 2013